BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 30, 2008

a family of 6?

We told the kids yesterday about adopting from Ghana.  Meg's first question was, "Will he be black or white?" After telling her that he would indeed be black, she let it sink in and seemed to be okay with it.  Will has decided that he wants bunkbeds and can't wait to share a room with him.   The kids had a ton of questions and we gave them information only in small bits.  We watched a video Tanya had brought back from Ghana and knew that somewhere in the sea of dark smiling faces, we were looking at our "son" and "brother".  It was really touching.  Today Micah and I got the I-600A form off to Homeland Security and sent off for his passport renewal.  Sunday is our homestudy and we are really excited to get that done and processed as that is a HUGE part of our paperwork.  We are showing the house tomorrow and praying that they love it.   SOOO much to pray about - glad God big and sovereign enough to handle it all! :)

2 comments:

lori said...

Found you! Glad you've joined the blogosphere!

Rebecca said...

Hi Lori,
We are adopting two little boys from Beacon House!! I found your blog by googling Beacon House. What a blessing.
I have tried to contact Tanya because I was told she might have photos or video of our referred boys but I haven't had any success yet. I would love to see video of Beacon House if it is in a format that can be emailed. Can you pass my contact info along to Tanya?
I would love to stay in touch and follow your journey to Ghana.
With JOY!
Rebecca
rebecca.caswell@weavingfamilies.com

www.weavingfamilies.com
www.ourhappysong.blospot.com