BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

counting the days...

ok, we are now in the last few steps toward bringing Apollo home. B took him yesterday to the US Embassy and he had the visa interview. From what I heard, things went well - no surprises, no amendments needed.... thank you God. B will go pick up Apollo's passport and visa on Friday. I am so thankful for our progress. I have several friends who are waiting on passports, needing amendments.... my heart goes out to them. All of our hearts are anxious to get our kids home - in our arms - around our tables, in our beds....

We arrive in Ghana in less than 2 weeks - on January 23 we will be home in Corpus with Apollo - so amazing~

what a ride.....
being obedient to Jesus is quite an adventure~

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Wonderful, wonderful! I am counting down the days with you and can't wait to see you all home and together! Daron and I are tossing a coin to see who gets to go back to get the kids. He wants to arm wrestle, but that doesn't sound too fair to me. Maybe I will get to meet you too if we get our second passport in the next couple of days.

secondofwett said...

This is so exciting...I'm, very happy for you.

bbqdaisy said...

I TOO am counting down the days with you ... HOW AWESOME ... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU JESUS!!!
BLESSINGS Lor as you PREPARE to bring your new son home!
In HIM -
Maria

The Blaske Bunch said...

Hip Hip hooray! Visa day is a comin'
In one of my posts a year ago..Maria told me "Dear Carrie, soon this will all be a memory" at the moment I could not fathom the reality of it....but guess what...this time for you will soon be a memory as well.
We celebrate with you as you prepare to travel...this is a big PORTAL of change and wonderfulness all wrapped up in a whirl wind of emotions, sights, sounds and reality in your face.
Your family has and is a JOY to work with! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! We're thinking of you throughout the day. Can't wait to see you all together as a family!
Dawn for all

Amy said...

Lori,
So awesome - so huge - so about time.
You are in my thoughts.
Love, love, love you. Cannot wait for the post telling me that your young man is home.
David is home (days before Christmas) and the rest is a blur.
Amy

whenpigsfly said...

Lori,
I am so excited for you that this day is FINALLY arriving! CONGRATULATIONS APOLLO!!!!
Linda
www.smithsoup.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

We're excited for you. I keep checking your blog just to see what's up! (Even though I don't often say anything:)