BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 26, 2009

home sweet home

home at last.
we flew in Friday night at 6:30 - we had a grand welcome with family, close friends, balloons and banners.
I just wanted to post that we were home and Apollo is doing great. We have decided to nickname him "Ace", because he is so good at everything he does!

I thank you for the prayers and ask that they continue. The most immediate request is that Apollo would learn to eat our food. There are only a few things he likes so far - oatmeal, bananas, french fries, oranges, and of course rice. He needs to gain weight - not lose it.
I need wisdom on so many things... what to push, what to let go of....

i will post pictures and more details of our trip in a few days...

Thanking God for ALL He has done in my life -

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome home! Regarding eating. Sounds just like Moses but his was a smaller list, he wouldn't touch the oranges, rice or french fries...just the banans and oatmeal! Then he discovered eggs, boy did he like eggs. Another friend's daughter also liked the eggs and I talked to a pedatrician with an expertise in international adoption & it helped. If you want to email privately, I'll share more.

Kathy
Moses' mom
rkpittis@comcast.net

annieology said...

Been a foster parent for six years, had 20 plus kids. My best advice is work on ONE thing at a time, let the rest go. While you probably won't have issues with safety, it's safety first, then food, then schedule when integrating a new child around here. Once those are tackled then it's the more normal things, but never more than one at a time. It will seem like it takes forever, but all in due time. Glad you are home safely. I'm a friend of Susie's from 'that other place' so if there is anything I can do, let me know.

Kristin said...

What a great title to open up the blog to and see that you are home! I am so happy for you and can't wait to see pictures and hear about your trip. Welcome home to you and to Ace! ;)

Laurel said...

So excited for you! Yea!!!

Laurel

Amanda Herrold said...

I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see pics! My prayers are with you!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori. It is Jennifer J, from BA. Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear you are all home. No worries on the eating. It will come. Beauty would only eat Spaghetti with ketchup or sauce, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Bananas and eggs were also a hit. She then added peanut butter sandwiches which she ate for six months for school lunches and fried hot dogs everyday after school. He'll come around as he sees everything your kids are eating. That was our biggest concern too but ....she now eats everything!!! I'm so happy you are home!

Patty said...

Yay for God & answered prayer! :) Can't wait to see pictures!

Chicago Millers said...

Hi Lori and family, thrilled you guys are home! What an answer to prayer. I would think you will have adjustments and some will be adjustments Apollo will bless your family with. Others will be short lived as he settles. It will take LOTS of time and LOTS of letting time pass by as you take one day at a time and one challenge at a time. You are building a relationship and everything from here on out will be built on it. The relationship is so important! We can't wait to see you guys! Please hug all from us!

Aunt Sherry

Keepin' Up with the Joneses said...

so excited for you all. Apollo is in my prayers.

The Blaske Bunch said...

Yeah....HOME! isn't is GRAND! The section of your adoption journey is complete...now onto the life long process :O) Just like you did "pre-Apollo" of leaning fully on the Lord...you will not waiver and will do the same now. It is ALL new...all interesting, hard, good, fun, sad, exhausting , fantastic all at the same time. Like all things....YOU ROCK at...you will and ARE ROCKIN at this!
Looking forward to talking, laughing together soon.
Squeeze Ace for all of us! I remember Romana saying "this kid is a go getter, very athletic and good at all kinds of stuff" What a great fit for your outgoing, living life OUT loud and TRUE family! WOW GOD...You are good and you sure love the whole Davidson family!
*side note: ask Apollo what he ate at "Frankies" when he got to go there with Romana. (chicken and chips or spaghetti etc....that may work in the things to try :O) My kids pick "chicken on the bone and chips everywhere we go" (fries=chips) HUGS

Chicago Millers said...

Hey Lori: Uncle Bruce said to try a little peanut butter on that banana! It's good!!! Mine as well add on a food he likes!

Love you all!
Sherry

Ginny and Ben said...

That's so awesome, Lori!! I hope the adjustment goes smoothly for your new family.

The Tooley Times said...

Praise God! What incredible news. I have been following your blog via Susie's blog. I feel led to adopt as well and am just waiting on God to show us the way.

ACE is blessed to have been chosen for your family! Congrats and God Bless you and yours! -CAT

Laurel said...

Missing hearing from you. Hope things are okay at your place.

Jacob asked yesterday if Apollo is eating yet. :)


Hugs!

Laurel :)