I would love to hear from any of you homeschoolers out there about different curriculums that you LOVE. I am looking at switching things up for the fall and I could use some opinions and thoughts on things you have tried. Even if it is something that you tried and absolutely hated - I would like to know....
Thanks for the input!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
any thoughts?
Posted by lori at 8:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hi Lori,
I was just thinking about you this afternoon, and was planning to email you this evening. So glad to see your post!
Having homeschooled 13 children over the course of 18 years, I've tried a LOT of different curriculums. So, I would LOVE to actually chat with you about the differences in curriculums, learning styles, homeschooling styles, etc... Let's email and set a time for a real life phone call.
Hugs!
Laurel :)
As Laurel said above, curriculum really depends on the style of education you use.
We are classical educators, so we use and love Classical Conversations (a co-op of sorts). I use Tapestry of Grace, too, but only as far as it fleshes out the stuff we are learning in Classical.
I would also recommend Ambleside Online (FREE curriculum) - especially if you enjoy Charlotte Mason style education.
Hi Lori-
Several of my friends here in Park City homeschool and I am not sure which curriculum they use but you could check out their blogs and ask them. The Zwahlens and In a world surrounded by men, both links are on my blog. Hope your adjustment to mothering 4 is going well.
I am very eclectic with home school curriculum & have tried several kinds to see what works best for us. Right now we are using Saxon Math (which I really like), & Abeka Language & Phonics, which is very thorough & fairly challenging. That is all at the first grade level.
Hope things are going well for all of you. I can only imagine the BIG adjustment.
Post a Comment