A view of the Smoky Mountains.. aka Blue Ridge Mountains.. either name fits~
The Biltmore Estate in Ashville, N.C. - a must see - so amazing, but no pictures allowed inside, so this is about all you will see.
My 3 cowboys, cute, but not quite ready for the rodeo~
Ok, this takes some explaining.. most of you have no idea what boiled peanuts are, but I am telling you - they are great~ There is an fantastic place as you enter the Smoky Mountains in a small town on the N.C. side called, Maggie Valley. A roadside stand and a man in overalls. All you need is $3 for a HUGE cup of hot, soggy, salty, nutty boiled peanuts~ trust me~!!!!
Look at my HAPPY FACE~ Micah and I ate the ENTIRE cup! My stomach is feeling it now~ Here is how you eat them... you break a shell open with your teeth, suck out all the juice and eat the peanuts inside and throw away the shell. It may be an acquired taste, but you gotta try it at least once in your life. They are all over the southeast. But make sure you buy them from a stand off the road, from a man who looks like his name is Billy Bob!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Am I Boring You Yet?
Posted by lori at 8:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Lor,
MMMM, them boiled peanuts look good. :)
Just kidding, I've never had them so I wouldn't know. I'll take your word for it.
Looks like you guys are having some awesome family time. I have enjoyed my little mini solo vacation. I am ready to go back to work next week!
Can't wait to catch up!
Be Safe,
Tanya
looks like fun. Pete agrees that boiled peanuts are the best...not quite sold on the idea...but someday I will try them!
Boring us? Not at all. You are talking to a girl who found herself on the southern east coast and learned to love boiled peanuts. We lived in Va Beach for 3 years and we or should I say Me travled many roads to North and south Carolina. You bring back memories girl.
Oh, we sold our house today. God is good!!! A little bitter sweet, but I know that God is in this!
YUCK! But whatever floats your boat! hahaa! Have fun!
I tried boiled peanuts for the first time this past May... It's all you! The texture turns my stomach! The taste... well, I don't like peanuts to begin with so...
Reading through the last few blogs up through July 27... it is cool to hear your heart and see what God is up to with your family while I'm miles away!
Post a Comment