i feel so blahh, i don't even know what to write. i probably should not even try to write a new post today. you know what the process of adoption is? hurry up and wait.....
it is like being pregnant.
you decide to have a baby...
you try and try
you wait a month
you find out you are indeed pregnant
you are excited and tell family and friends
you feel pregnant for the 1st trimester... morning sickness....
you are done with morning sickness
you are still pregnant, but not much has changed
your friends ask,"how are you?"
you think to yourself,"still pregnant...."
you know all the development and growth of your baby is out of your hands
you pray continuously
you wait
you wait
you wait
you start showing a little... finally
you know people wonder if you are just out of shape or pregnant...
you start planning, preparing, nesting
you wait some more
you are getting closer
you go to the hospital.. it is time!
you endure pain, stress and fatigue... until....
you hold your baby, the one you have prayed for
you cry tears of joy
you know it was all worth it.
any adoptive parent can probably see the parallels between pregnancy and adoption. morning sickness = paperwork, friends asking questions = yep, still adopting, growth of baby = timing of adoption out of your hands, pain of labor = stress of waiting for passports, visas...
i am just frustrated this morning because i am in the wait, wait, wait stage.... don't even know a time table yet.
lord, i trust you. help me with my perspective, you are good, you love me, you love A, you are sovereign, you know all things....
thank you that we are in this mess... thank you for what you have done so far....

6 comments:
Lori, I totally understand where you are at. I was in that wait mode as well with my baby boy. I don't have a cure for the waiting, or the frustuation that you feel, all I can tell you is that I'm been there and I understand. Just lean on Our awesome God and he will get you through it. One thing that helped me during the waiting was to journal and write to my baby boy that was soon to be home with us. You are in my prayers.
P.S. In Flordia. Personally, I'm feel lost , and out of control. But at the same time exctied about where we are.
Hi Lori,
I am another BH mama to be. I understand the difficulty of the wait very well. I am sure you have plenty to do but one of the best books that I have read that adresses the wait is called "Carried Safely Home: The Spritual Legacy of an Adoptive Family." I think the author is Kristin Swick Wong. I wish I had known of this book in our first two adoptions.
Journeying with you,
Rebecca
Hi,
It looks like you are adopting from Beacon House in Accra. Is that right?
If so, we are too! We are nearly done with the homestudy so haven't had our referral yet, but we can't wait! (We're also getting more nervous too!)
God bless you in your adoption adventure!
Patty
Hi Lori
This is Kathy I met you at the airport when Tanya came home. I am so happy about your referral!!!
Hang in there girl I know this is frustrating. We are one of the families in the passport nightmare. Some days are just better then others. On the hard days allow yourself to grieve and carry on. I find when I just embrace the hard days the next is always better :)
Blessings
Kathy
Hey, Babe, we feel your pain, we ache for you and with you for the not knowing!! As I listen to your song, I'm reminded HE can move the mountains and in His time He will. I can apply that to my place in life, too. We love you and pray continually for you. Mom and Dad
L,
So poetic, the song of frustration. Again, thanks for sharing. We have been praying for each of you.
Strangest place to find therapy, the internet, that is. But even so, I find it wonderfully theraputic to add to mine, and visit yours. Love ya like crazy! A
Post a Comment