We found out today that the orphanage where A is has been without water for a week now. A construction crew busted a pipe nearby. After they fix the pipe, the city is going to close all water for 10 days to do some maintenance. When they say 10 days, that could easily mean 2-3-4 weeks. The past week the older kids have carried buckets on their heads down the street to a friends house to get some water. They can't do this much longer. This means no drinking water, no water for vegetable garden, no washing dishes, no baths... Please pray that the water gets turned on within 10 days. Our hearts are breaking knowing that our son is living through this crisis. How easily we take so much for granted....
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
im sorry.
i am praying...
i love you.
I was going to try to comfort you with some kind of scripture about God's provision and Him being living water, but all that seems silly to write. I am just going to pray for A and for God to intercede right now for him and his orphanage. Love ya!
Lori & Michah!!! I had no idea that you guys had decided to start this process!! I am so thrilled and excited for your family!
(We have been in Rockport for the summer so we've been kind of separated from the events at Real Life and can't wait to get back this fall - we are closing on our house in Calallen on Thursday.)
After my trip to Kazakhstan, I certainly have a heart for international adoption and I will be praying for you and your new family. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know... Although we were not in Ghana, I've got a good list of international contacts I will find and send you when I find the box after our new move. Oh my goodness - I am so excited for you guys!!!!
Post a Comment