BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

back in my hometown

My kids and I are back for a week in the town I grew up in.. Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.  It has been fun driving around showing my kids where I lived, worked, went to school and got married.  Tonight I met up with some old friends from high school... some of which I haven't seen for 19 years!  wow!  It was really fun swapping old stories about each other! 

If you have never had the opportunity to try Braum's ice cream... if you are ever given the chance, you need to do it!  It gives ole' Texas Blue Bell a run for it's money. 
I miss Micah - can't wait to see him!  
Still waiting on our I-600 A approval - about to get impatient!  

4 comments:

TLM said...

Lor- Thats awesome to be able to show your kids around Broken Arrow!

Your I600A will take about a month from the time they receive your homestudy, don't get impatient yet!

Be safe...

Grace!
tanya

The Glow Girls said...

Oh my, I haven't the numbers 1600A in quite awhile. Don't get impatient. I know it is hard. In you heart and mind that child is already yours and your ready to see him. Be patient. God is with him, protecting him and playing with him. Hang in there.
Tiff
That sounds fun that you were able to show your kids your hometown. They will remember that forever and realize that yes, mom was a child at one point.

Susie said...

Hope you are enjoying your Braums, while I sit here with my sugar free jello. This low carb thing is getting old, and I am ready to do some exercise so I can start enjoying some summer treats.

Sorry about your wait. I think every adoption story has some waiting time. Let's keep praying your's is the exception. Can't wait for a fall arrival!

Oh, and we are definitely on for a poker night soon!

eph2810 said...

Glad that you had time to spend at your old hometown and were able to share this with your kids.

Blessings to you and yours...