I can't believe I have only been here 3 days - it feels like so much longer.
Today was a good day - Lisa (Monica's mom) came in this morning - it is fun to have another mom around. After helping in the classroom the kids ate lunch and then we (Lisa, Jennifer, me Apollo and Monica) caught a taxi and went to MaxMart and bought some snacks and ice cream. We went to the guest house for the afternoon and had a fun time away from BH. Monica and Lisa took a little nap and Apollo and I colored and played cards. It was fun having him all to myself.
We went back to BH about 5:30 for playing and dinner - Apollo took a bath and we said prayers. As some of you know, all 30 kids (even the 1 year olds) sit in a circle and one by one they take turns praying then they say 3 prayers all in unison.
After that, everyone gathered in to watch a video about Wild Africa. Apollo sat in my lap and was soon yawning and relaxed enough to go to sleep in my arms. IT WAS PRECIOUS. I wondered when it was the last time he was held like that.
It was SOOO hot, I was blowing on his neck and down his shirt to cool him off - but I didn't want to wake him and spoil the intimate moment.
I carried him to his room after the video and helped him crawl into bed... I whispered, "I will see you in the morning, I love you" and he just smiled and nodded with his eyes closed. I hope he feels how much I love him.
Monica and Jennifer and I came back to our guest house and "decompressed" - I laid on my bed and did my nightly ritual of crying....
We talked and decided to pray together...open hearts and flowing tears.... it was really sweet.
God, I pray that you would answer our prayers - listen to our heart's cry - be merciful and show us your Glory!!!
This is one of the harderst things I have ever done, but I wouldn't miss it for the world.

3 comments:
I am sending you strength and peace through prayer tonite. It is a difficult, unbelievable, beautiful journey. You will cherish this week for the rest of your days.
You will find that much of it doesn't even translate to words...
Your nightly tears are the overflowing love you are feeling for your son. There isn't room in your whole body to hold it all so it flows from your eyes.
Lifting you up from Texas...
Love,
Tanya
Oh how I remember those late night tears at the Guest House. You are physically, emotionally, and spiritually exhausted, but you KNOW that GOD will lift you up; and tomorrow your heart will overflow again as you hold your precious new child.
Blessings,
Laurel
I know your tears , Lori. I've had them myself. I lift up strength and many prayers to you and your son. The bonding and trust is so important. I know this is the hardest thing you 've ever done. We thought givivng birth was hard. God will answer prayers. Much love your way, Tiff
Post a Comment