BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ghana Day 4

It is actually Day 5, but since I didn't write for yesterday, I will write about it now.  Saturday Apollo and some of the kids from BH had a baseball game.  We went to that and cheered them on. Apollo hit a homerun and scored another run too.  He is competitive and very good at all sports it seems.  He insisted on wearing his cleats that are 2 sizes too big!  After that, Lisa, Monica, Jennifer and Apollo and I went to the mall to grab lunch.  It is a nice mall - looks like something you would find in Austin. Then we went to an art market called Tettah Quarshi (pretty sure I spelled that wrong!) It is really neat and we shopped some there.  I bought A and I matching green and white African clothes... so cute.  He was getting tired and like every other male in my family, didn't want to shop long.  So, off we were back to the guest house.  We played and then the kids took at bath - the first of this kind ever.  Apollo splashed around and laughed like crazy when I washed his feet.  Pretty sure he has never been that clean.  After the bath, I sat him on my bed and rubbed him down with shea butter cream.  He closed his eyes and relaxed... 

We ate dinner at the guest house - I discovered Apollo does not like lettuce.  He tried a small piece and spit it out in his hand.  I noticed that and reached over and got the lettuce from his hand and discreetly put it on my plate.  He is very shy when surrounded by strangers and has a sensitive spirit.  He was glad I had rescued him from a lettuce embarrassment.  
We took the kids back to BH after dinner and we came back to the guest house.  We had a power outage and tried to watch a movie on my laptop.  Well, my laptop only had a little bit of charge left in it, so we had to finish the movie in the bathroom, where the only working outlet was.  So, with my Mac on the toilet and us on the floor, we finished "Pride and Prejudice" - I recommend the movie - but not in the bathroom.

1 comments:

Laurel said...

Love the movie story. Very resourceful!


Blessings,

Laurel :)