BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Finally going

i just wanted to give a quick update on where we are in the process with the adoption.  

I finally got the "ok" to fly over to file our I-600.  The death certificate is still not in.  Prayerfully it will be in by the time I get there, November 11.  If we still don't have it, I can file the paperwork without it.  But the embassy won't process the I-600 without the certificate.  So, yes, we are still praying for the death certificate to show up ASAP!  
I will be in Ghana about 10 days and then I will have to leave.  I will come home and wait for the email that says the I-600 is complete and it is time to come get Apollo.  
We are still praying we bring him home before Christmas.
We got our shots today - oww!! but all worth it and it hurts less than childbirth! :)
I still don't know who is going with me - I don't really want to go alone, but I will if I have to!
We are one step closer to bringing Apollo home.  I can't believe I get to see him in less than 2 weeks.

5 comments:

Laurel said...

One step closer. Making plans to go is GOOD, even if you don't have everything worked out.

Praying for you!

Laurel :)

Lisa Michele said...

Lori ~ I am so happy for you! I am waiting for the green light too. I can't wait to wrap my arms around our little Monica! I am hoping to be at Beacon House about the same time.
Many Blessings!
Lisa

ps.You can email me if you want and I will give you more of my travel plan.
(the8alots@comcast.net)

teri-free2bme said...

Thanks for the update... you are in our prayers! Psalm 20:4-5!!!

God is in control...Believe and TRUST! Can't wait to meet Apollo!

Patty said...

This is exciting to be making plans! Can't wait to see pics.

We are waiting for our referral still & trying to not go crazy! We are so excited to fall in love with our next little one!

Donna said...

Baby, we prayed for you around a campfire in the middle of the woods tonight during Community Group. Apollo, the paper work, your travel, the kids, the church, the certificate, were all prayed for under the same stars that Apollo sleeps under. God bless you, right now. We love you, M & D