i have spent many years of my life trying to figure out who i am.
it has been hard for me to accept who i am and be happy with it.
years ago i read the scripture, "a gentle and quiet spirit is precious in the eyes of the Lord"...
after i read that, i felt bad about myself... for i wasn't gentle or quiet...
so i was determined to be "gentle and quiet".... literally...
i didn't talk much and i became a wall flower....
yeah, ...that lasted about 1 week.
thankfully, i realized that verse wasn't talking about my personality but my "spirit"...
God doesn't fit in a box....He created me in his own image... why should I fit in a box.
i am eclectic in my music, personal style and hobbies...
i have my share of "critics"... people who have nothing better to do
than to sit around and judge me and others different from themselves...
we don't fit their expectations, or their idea of who we should be.
after 37 years, i have learned to embrace who God made me and not be ashamed.
i want to be shaped and molded by my creator - not you or her... or her....
i am creative, i love loud rock music, i want a tattoo, i am competitive, i am generous, i like to be outside, i am a hard worker, i am a sinner saved by grace.....
i challenge you to discover who you are in God's eyes and live it to the fullest....

6 comments:
AMEN sister.
Well said!
Great post Lori, and I'm glad God made you who you are too!
This post is so similiar to how I felt several years ago when my "pink carnation" blog came to be and the realization God gave me. Everyone is gifted differently and who are we to judge God's masterpieces.
I'm not creative, I mostly like soft rock and country, I don't want a tattoo, I'm not competitive, I need to be more generous, I'm often lazy, but guess what? You still like me and I think that is what makes friendships great. Our differences make us inspire one another and makes life much more interesting.
Amen to you Lor!
I agree 100% with you!
I still struggle with trying to "be" the right person, but I'm making progress.
I Love you for exactly who you are!
Tanya
Thanks for the honesty! I so don't like the boxes people try to put me in, and then get disappointed when my life doesn't fit in them.
Blessings,
Laurel
mama of 13
http://www.ajourneyoffaith.net
(my new ministry website)
oh how i love thee.
My favorite thing about Lori...she's REAL!
I LOVE who you are! You inspire me to know myself better. That box you were talking about...it tells the world if they don't fit in that box - they don't get the free pass! No wonder the world runs away! If only they knew they were running away from US and our "legalism" and not our God! Thank you, Lori for not being anything but YOU! love you friend
Post a Comment